You could win a Fish & Chips giveaway!
Prize includes a Charter Fishing Trip with Fish HeadZ and a Florida trip to Play where the pros play – TPC Sawgrass, Home of the PGA TOUR’s PLAYERS Championship!
We have Three shots for you to enter for a chance to qualify!
1. LISTEN TO 94.7 WCSX
Listen to 94.7 WCSX for your chance to be the correct caller for a chance to become a qualifier at the “30 Days to Fish & Chips promotion finale party on March 30th, 2017.
2. VISIT A TUBBY'S SUBMARINE SHOP
Register on site at one of the sixty five (65) Metro Detroit Tubby’s Submarine shops for a chance to become a qualifier at the “30 Days to Fish & Chips promotion finale party on March 30th, 2017.
Get in to Tubby's today to try our Kickin’ Bourbon Shrimp Sub
3. ENTER ONLINE
Sign in below for a chance to become a qualifier at the
“30 Days to Fish & Chips promotion finale party on March 30th, 2017.
WHISKEYS ON THE WATER • WYANDOTTE
Your Last Chance to qualify!
Join WCSX for the Fish & Chips finale party on Friday, March 31st at Whiskeys on the Water in Wyandotte. Doug Podell will broadcast live from 3p-7p and the contest starts at 7pm. Don't miss your last chance to sign up on site for a shot at qualifying to participate.
Reel in a big one!
Half day of walleye fishing on the Detroit River for up to 3 people. All top quality equipment is provided. Your catch is cleaned and bagged for you. Winners are responsible for their fishing licenses. Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River is a World Class fishery. Captain Joel Piatek knows where the hot bite is and how to catch it! 30 years of fishing experience that guarantees you catch fish! Catch us at www.FISHHEADZ.com
Hit the links in sunny Florida!
- Two nights’ accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and one round of golf for two on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass ·
- Round-trip coach class air transportation for two from Detroit to Jacksonville, FL (ARV: $950)
- A three-day full-size car rental (ARV: $150)
With 825 miles of beaches, the world’s best theme parks, abundant shopping and oceanfront resorts, Florida has endless ways to stay and play. Take the first step to getting warmer at VISITFLORIDA.com.
94.7 WCSX Fish & Chips 2017
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WCSX (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
March 1st, 2017 through March 30th, 2017 at 11:59pm (ET) (the “contest period”)
There are three ways to become a qualifier, as listed below. A total of 94 qualifiers will be pre-selected to participate in the WCSX “30 Days to Fish & Chips” Grand Prize event at (Location TBD) on March 30th, 2017 for a chance to win the Grand Prize. In addition, WCSX reserves the right to select additional qualifiers by random method on-site at the Event if all 94 pre-selected qualifiers are not in attendance. Contest participants are limited to one entry per entry method or appearance during the contest period, and may qualify a maximum of one time (total). Limit one qualifier per household (total), regardless of entry method.
1) From March 1st, through March 30th, 2017, tune in to 94.7 WCSX, Monday through Friday, 6a.m. – 11p.m. for a chance to call in to qualify. Caller 30 to the WCSX studio line at (248) 398-WCSX as soon as announced, who also meets all eligibility requirements, will qualify and be eligible to participate in the Event for a chance to win the Grand Prize. WCSX is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the WCSX studio hotline including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. Caller qualification is subject to FULL phone call completion, and the verification of the caller’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to completion of the call. If a potential winning caller is disconnected for any reason prior to completion of the call, s/he will be disqualified and the next caller taken will be deemed the potential qualifier. Fifty (50) qualifiers will be selected through this method. Online listeners to the WCSX (Station) web stream may experience a reception delay of up to one minute. Listening to the Station’s over-the-air broadcast is the best way to participate in this contest.
2) From March 1st, through March 30th, 2017 register on site at one of the sixty five (65) Metro Detroit Tubby’s Submarine shops for a chance to become a qualifier at the “30 Days to Fish & Chips promotion finale party on March 30th, 2017. Tubby’s establishments will have register to win slips on site at all their locations. You must fill out registration slip and send to WCSX One Radio Plaza, Ferndale, MI 48220. All registration slips need to be mailed to WCSX and on site by 11:59pm March 27th, 2017 to be eligible to participate in promotion.
Limit one entry per person per appearance. Each of the qualifiers will be notified by telephone by a WCSX representative within 48 hours of the drawing. Up to Forty (40) qualifiers (total) will be selected through this method. All contest entries will become the property of Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Odds of being selected as the winner depend on the number of people that participate in the contest during the contest period.
3) WCSX Workforce Members can log on to the WCSX “30 Days to Fish & Chips” page at www.wcsx.com to fill out and submit the online contest entry form from March 1st – March 27th , 2017. Become a WCSX Workforce Member at www.wcsx.com; there is no charge to join. All contest entries will become the property of WCSX and will not be acknowledged or returned. Online entries must be received by 5:00pm ET on March 27, 2017 to be eligible. A minimum of four (4) qualifiers will be chosen at random from all eligible online entries received to qualify and be eligible to participate in the Event for a chance to win the grand prize. Additional online qualifiers may be selected, so that the total number of qualifiers pre-selected from all three methods is 94. All contest entries will become the property of Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside living or working in the Detroit metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio). Winner must show proof of Michigan residency to verify eligibility.
Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Detroit Metro Survey Area and the members of their immediate families, Visit Florida, Fish HeadZ Sports Fishing, are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every Thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
Grand Prize Event:
A total of 94 qualifiers will be selected by the above methods to appear and participate in the Grand Prize Event on March 30th, 2017 at [LOCATION AND TIME TBD]. QUALIFIERS MUST BE PRESENT AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE. All qualifiers must check in at the WCSX registration table at the Event between (Time TBD). If a qualifier has not registered by (Time TBD), s/he will be disqualified and another qualifier may be selected by random drawing on site to ensure there are 94 qualifiers for the grand prize contest.
Each of the 94 qualifiers in attendance at the Grand Prize Event will draw a number out of a container at random. The number will determine the order in which each qualifier will go to the WCSX Flip Flop Wall and choose one (1) of the 94 Flip Flops that will be hung on the wall. Ninety-One of the Flip Flops will be associated with a qualifying prize, as described on the Flip Flop or other contest documentation. Three of the 94 Flip Flops will be identified as the grand prize winners. The qualifiers who select these Three Flip Flops will win the Grand Prizes.
Three (3) prizes will be awarded. Prize consist of the following
- Two nights’ accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and one round of golf for two on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass(ARV: $1,460)
- Round-trip coach class air transportation for two from Detroit to Jacksonville, FL (ARV: $950)
- A three-day full-size car rental (ARV: $150) Value per package is $2,560.
- A Fully Guided Fishing Charter from Fish HeadZ Sport Fishing with all tackle and equipment provided for winner and up to two (2) guests. The winner has the opportunity to choose between a Detroit River Walleye Charter OR a Lake St. Clair Bass Fishing Charter. Each Charter will be for up to 5 hours. All participants are responsible for purchasing their own fishing licenses. Guests must be at least 18 years old to participate in Charter. (ARV=$450 per charter)
Total value of Grand Prize is $8,130
Florida trips certificates will be valid for twelve months from the end of the promotion (March 30, 2018) and may include traditional blackout periods. Redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. Minimum age to book accommodations is 21. Minimum age to book car rental is 20.
Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include travel to the departure airport or to the hotel (except as specifically included), meals (except as specifically included), incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay.
Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. WCSX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with one of equal or greater value. Winner may not request prize substitution. Prize is non-transferable and may not be claimed or used by any person other than the winner. Winner must claim prize by completing all required paperwork in person at the WCSX office within 30 days after the end of the contest. Prize not claimed within the 30-day period will be forfeited.
Odds of being selected as a Workforce qualifier depend on the number of valid WCSX Workforce members as of the drawing date and time. Odds of being selected as a grand prize winner once a qualifier depend on total entries to contest.
By entering, all participants release and hold harmless Beasley Media Group, Inc., WCSX, Visit Florida, Fish HeadZ Sports Fishing any other promotions sponsors or prize providers, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against all liability and any claim or cause of action of any kind, including (but not limited to) personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or in connection with participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions of the contest and of the Grand Prize, and the decisions or interpretation of Beasley Media Group, Inc. Winners (and their guests, if any) will be required to sign a form releasing the Released Parties from all liability in connection with the contest and the award and use of the prize before claiming the prize.
WCSX undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service or prize provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, death, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). WCSX is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed. Winners must inspect their prizes or prize certificates before leaving the station. WCSX is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of WCSX, WCSX reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and/or determine an alternate method of awarding the prize(s).
Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes the winner’s consent to the use by WCSX ,Visit Florida, Fish HeadZ Sports Fishing and their respective agents of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Radio Plaza, Ferndale MI 48220, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. ·
Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.wcsx.com.
The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Ferndale MI 48220, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.