YOU COULD PERFORM
AT THE CHEVROLET
ROCKIN' ON THE RIVERFRONT
Want to rock with CSX this summer? Submit a video of your band performing a classic rock song live.
We'll pick our favorites and then let the CSX listeners vote to help pick the six bands that will perform at the Chevrolet Rockin' on the Riverfont concert series. One band will perform each Friday from July 13th through August 17th, 2018.
ROUND ONE VOTING:
June 4 at 6:00 a.m. - June 8 at 10:00 a.m.
ROUND TWO VOTING:
June 11 at 6:00 a.m. - June 15 at 10:00 a.m.
Thursday June 21st, 2018
The winning bands will perform at
Granite City in the GM Renaissance Center
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO TO ENTER
- Entries must be submitted by 10:00 a.m. on June 1 -
WCSX Rockin’ Wars- Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to WCSX Rockin Wars Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WCSX (“Station” or “WCSX”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at Station’s website apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
How to Enter for a Chance to Win
- The Rockin Wars Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday May 7, 2018 at 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on Friday June 15, 2018 at 10:00am ET.
- To enter the Contest, a member of a local band must visit wcsx.com to complete an online entry form which must include a link to a video of a live performance of the band. It is not the Station’s responsibility if the video in the link has been taken down and is not available at the time of judging/voting. If you are using a video site such as YouTube make sure setting is on “Public.” Obscene, provocative, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of the Station. Only one (1) entry per band is permitted. All entries must be received by 10:00am (ET) on June 1, 2018.
- Videos must include a live performance. Band submission must be a minimum of three minutes long. Bands must be in the Rock, Classic Rock genre. Entrant must have the right to submit the Band submission. Song choices are limited to an original song or one (1) song from the Station’s playlist including artists such as: Bob Seger, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Eagles, Rolling Stones etc… Bands must be available to perform at the finale event at Granite City in the GM Renaissance Center 100 Renaissance Center, suite 1101 Detroit, MI 48243 the evening of Thursday June 21, 2018 if selected as a winning band.
- Entrant may submit only one (1) Entry per band/artist during the Promotion Period. Incomplete and/or multiple and/or duplicate entries by the same or multiple entrants will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. All bands will be required to submit a Release along with their entries. Any band who has not submitted a Release will be disqualified. Entrant further understands that the use and exploitation of the Website link may subject him/her to risk of notoriety, publicity, ridicule, scorn and/or indignity.
- There will be up to a total of six (6) winning bands selected in the Contest. The prize is a chance to perform at one of the WCSX Rockin’ on The River Front concerts that run each Friday from July 13th through August 17th, 2018. Local bands / Musicians must be from the Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Lapper, Livingston, and St. Clair counties area.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Lapper, Livingston, and St. Clair counties area, except where prohibited by law. A representative of the winning band must show proof of residency to verify eligibility. All band members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Station’s metro area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Participants are eligible to win a WCSX contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest
- Local Bands / Musicians cannot compete in the 2018 Rockin Wars competition if they have won the WCSX Rockin Wars competition and/or performed at previous Rockin on The River Front concerts within the last 5 years (2013-2017).
- Individuals or bands who are represented by an agent, talent agency, or record label are not eligible to participate unless WCSX receives written confirmation, in a form acceptable to the Station, that such agency or label representation and any associated commissions or fees are being waived for all purposes of this contest, including the performances at the pre-Rockin’ on the River Front party and at Rockin’ on the River Front. Under no circumstances will WCSX or any party involved with Rockin’ on the River Front be responsible for any fee or commission to any agent, label or other representative of any contestant or participating band. Limit one entry per person and per band; multiple entries will not be considered and may cause disqualification from the competition. Void where prohibited.
- Up to six (6) prizes will be awarded, each prize consists of the opportunity for the winning band/ musician to perform a thirty (30) minute performance at one of the WCSX Rockin’ on The River Front concerts being held on Fridays from July 13 through August 17, 2018 at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan. Exact performance date for each winning band will be decided by WCSX in its sole discretion. Winning band/ musician must be able to perform on the date and at the time specified by WCSX. Other performance criteria will be discussed in advance of the performance. Sound and lighting for the performance will be provided. No cash compensation will be paid to the winning band(s). The winning bands or musicians may be highlighted on air and on the 94.7 WCSX Rockin Wars webpage.
- Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. WCSX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with one of equal or greater value. Winners may not request prize substitution. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be claimed or used by any person other than the winner. Winners must claim their prizes by completing all required paperwork in person at the WCSX offices as instructed by WCSX promotions personnel. Prizes not claimed as instructed will be forfeited.
- A winning band (“Band”) must agree to be present at the finale event at Granite City in the GM Renaissance Center 100 Renaissance Center, suite 1101Detroit, MI 48243 on the assigned date. WCSX will provide sound, lighting and backline and will have sound company touch base with all winning bands prior to performance to ensure all needs are met. Performance not to exceed twenty (20) minutes in duration. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of equipment, instruments, parking, travel, accommodations, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winning Band’s responsibility. Band members and crew must abide by all venue policies. The Station reserves the right to revoke part of or the full prize from any Band member or Band member’s crew who Station, or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, or have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring venue, Contest Sponsor or Administrator, into disrepute. If Band is unable or unwilling to perform on the date and time specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Band members understand that there are inherent risks involved in performing on stage and in front of a crowd, and that these risks may be present before, during and after the performance. The Station is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize, to include but not limited to show cancellation or postponement, or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of changes. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of the Station. Approximate Retail Value of each prize is: Zero Dollars and No Cents ($0.00), depending upon number of members in the winning Band.
- If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station, the Station’s sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s).
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Beginning on June 1, 2018 WCSX judges will select up to twenty four (24) “Finalist Bands” from all entries received. “Finalist Bands” will be selected from all eligible entries received by a judging panel made up of Station employees based on the following criteria: entertainment value, creativity and originality of the performance in the video.
- The video link of each Finalist Band will be uploaded to the Station website and will be placed on the Contest designated voting page for public voting beginning for Round One beginning at 6:00am ET on June 4th until 10:00am ET on June 8th , 2018. Listeners are permitted to submit one vote per person per day during each Voting Period. The top ten (10) bands will be chosen based on the amount of votes accumulated during Round One and the top ten (10) Bands who receive the most votes will be included in Round Two of voting. In case of a tie, WCSX judges will decide in their own discretion, what band will move to the next round.
- Voting for Round Two: the top ten (1) Bands selected in Round One will remain on the website and voting will take place beginning on June 11th from 6:00 pm ET until – 10:00am ET on June 15th, 2018.
- On June 15, 2018, at approximately 3:00pm ET, Six (6) bands will be selected by the WCSX judges as the prize winners. Winning bands will be selected in the sole discretion of the WCSX judges and based on the criteria of entertainment value, creativity and originality of the performance in the video. Voting will be taken into account, but may not be determinative. Winning bands will be announced on WCSX and posted on the “Rockin’ Wars” web page located at wcsx.com. Winners will also be notified by WCSX with details of how to redeem their prize.
- Winners need not to listen to the Station or be present to win.
- If the winning band cannot be contacted by 12:00pm (ET) Monday June 18, 2018, an alternate winning band may be selected at the Station’s discretion (Time permitting). Winning band who fails to respond by this deadline are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- a. All Six (6) Rockin’ Wars Band winners must attend a congratulations pre-Rockin’ On The River Front party at Granite City in the GM Renaissance Center 100 Renaissance Center, suite 1101Detroit, MI 48243 on Thursday June 21st, 2018. All six bands will perform a 30 minute set and will be told at this event which Rockin’ On The River concert they will be performing at. All bands MUST attend this event to be eligible to receive the contest prize. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- See Attachment A “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wcsx.com.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Detroit MI 48220, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc.’s radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website. If there is a conflict between these General Contest Rules and the Rules for a specific Contest, the Rules for the specific Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified, winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received or the relative performance of each contestant.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry if it learns that it was submitted by any contestants under the age of 13.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- TELEPHONE CONTESTS
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- TEXT CONTESTS
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to the designated short code when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
- INTERNET RULES
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
- WHEN CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND OTHERS
- Use of multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or other social medial accounts to enter contests is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these accounts and /or disqualification from the contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in photo and/or video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo and/or video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo and/or video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on the Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Station(s), Beasley Media Group, Inc., its parent companies, its subsidiaries, their affiliated entities, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and all of their successors and assigns harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo and/or video entry.
- FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Contest’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the Contest.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the Contest.