Saturday, April 22nd!
5-6AM: Boat Inspection
6:15AM: Shot Gun Start
1:00PM: Weigh in Begins
3-5PM: Banquet & Trophy Presentation
Based on 150 entries
$65 per person
Max 5 anglers per boat
$50 each goes directly into the prize fund and $15 each for the banquet.
1st prize - $3,000
2nd - $1,500
3rd - $1,000
4th - $600
5th - $400
6th - 10th $200
2017 SINDBADS WALLEYEFEST RULES
All entry blanks must be signed and paid in full @ Mandatory Captain’s meeting 7pm @ Sindbad’s
Thursday, April 20th.
PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY.
It is the contestant’s responsibility for knowing and abiding by all Walleyefest, local and state regulations, which
pertain to the Walleyefest tournament waters. Contestants may enter as up to a five person team or as a single person team. Walleyefest
encourages teams to consist of two people for safety reasons but it’s not mandatory. Any person, 8 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a
parent or legal guardian. Observers may not participate in any way during tournament fishing hours.
1. All participants agree to all decisions made by Walleyefest.
2. All boats must pass inspection, prior to tournament start. Boats will be inspected in the water, at Sindbad’s, from 5:00 – 6:00am. After inspection, the captain IS required to sign in for their crew, with the Walleyefest inspector, and pick up your fish tags. Teams NOT signed in or have NOT tagged their fish, will NOT be eligible to register their catch.
3. Shotgun start from Sindbad’s. The tug boat horn will sound at approximately 6:15am. Boats leaving before the sound of the horn will be IMMEDIATELY disqualified. Fishing hours are from the sound of the horn until 1:00pm, April 22nd, 2017. All captains must be in line AT the official Muskies Inc. weigh station, no later than 1:00pm, with your five (5) tagged heaviest fish. Late arrivals will NOT be eligible to register their fish. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. All fish must be caught between 6:15am and 1:00pm on April 22nd, in order to be eligible. Your fish must be fresh and tagged with the tags provided during inspection, in order to be entered. (Alive and breathing would be helpful!!) The Walleyefest weighmaster will determine the freshness of all fish turned in. All fish weighed in will be cleaned and prepared for the banquet. All registered walleye will be fin clipped, after being weighed, to prevent tradeoffs. Any extra fish are welcome and encouraged to be donated. All extra cleaned fish will be packaged and donate to Gleaner’s Community Food Bank.
5. Only (5) walleye will count towards your team’s official registered catch. Culling IS permitted during fishing hours. Walleye must be 15” or longer to be eligible.
6. All waters of the Detroit River are open for fishing, during Walleyefest. Specific boundaries are waters West of the Peche Island Range Rear Light 42.353560,-82.917154, and North of the Livingstone Channel Lighted Buoy DL1 42.042637,-83.137240 at the mouth of Lake Erie. (Yes – Sturgeon Hole is open to fishing)
7. The amount of cash prize is dependent on the total number of entries, minus tournament expenses. $50 of each entry is guaranteed for the total prize fund. $15 of each entry covers banquet cost. Extra banquet tickets for non-participants will be available for purchase at the captains meeting and the day of the event for $15. A detail expense report will be available to any party upon request. The heaviest registered catch wins the grand prize. Pay outs for 1st-10th places will be awarded. Based on 150 entires. The heaviest single walleye will be used as tie breaker for heaviest registered catch.
8. The Big Fish side pot for the biggest single walleye will be determined by WEIGHT. Tie breaker for the Calcutta will be determined by the longest length of the heaviest walleye. Depending on entries more than one place may be paid.
9. Only legal means of angling may be used to harvest walleye, as identified by the MDNR & OMNR.
10. The tournament committee reserves the right to inspect and/or dissect any walleye which is suspected to have been fraudulently enhanced, by
any method. Enhanced fish WILL result in immediate team disqualification, and loss of all entry fees.
11. SEVERE WEATHER RULE. In the event of severe weather, the tournament hours may be suspended or cut short. If the tournament day is cut short due to severe weather, no weight for the day. “If you see lightning, take shelter!”
12. Protests must be written, signed and presented by the Team Captain, along with a $100 retainer. Protests received must be submitted no later than 15 minutes after closing of the scales. Retainer will be returned IF the protest is found to be valid. Otherwise, retainer becomes property of the Walleyefest general fund.
13. SPIRIT OF THE RULE. All rules have “loop holes”. It is the intention for the Tournament Director and the committee to provide a sportsman like tournament.
14. SPORTSMANSHIP. Entrants must conduct themselves in a true sportsmanlike manner at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS. Courtesy and ethics of the highest standard are the norm, not the exception. Remember that you not only represent yourselves, but all tournament anglers and competitive fishing. All teams are required to abide by all boating, fishing and tournament rule during the event. If a team receives a citation for breaking a marine or game law during tournament hours, the team will be disqualified from the tournament.
15. Any tournament participants found in violation of the above rules can be disqualified from the tournament.