Big Jim’s House this morning was talking about different home remedies for the flu because Erin V is home sick. One listen sent us an email with a good ole’ Garlic soup cure…
Craig Smith emailed us with a great garlic soup recipe to cure all!
This soup is excellent, too.
We’ll make it even if we aren’t sick.
10 large garlic cloves, well minced
½ cup olive oil
7 cups stock of choice (or 7 cups of water and 3 bouillon cubes)
1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
8 slices of French bread
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil, stirring continually. Do not allow the garlic to brown or burn.
- Add the stock (or water and bullion), tomato sauce and bread. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth
- Slowly add ½ cup of soup to 2 well-beaten eggs, stirring continually (temper the eggs), then slowly add the egg mixture back to the soup, stirring continually. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, then serve.