Cedar Point Amusement Park has let members of the media get a sneak peak of its’ new coaster. “Steel Vengeance”, which now has the title of the fastest, tallest and longest steel/wood hybrid coaster in the world.
If you’re a roller coaster enthusiast, Cedar Point has unleashed the new ride just in time for Spring. The park had released a trailer video for the coaster some time ago.
Now if you are curious just how colossal this magnificent machine really is, here are the stats:
Height: 205 feet
Speed: 74 mph
First Drop: 200 feet
Length: 5,740 feet
Duration: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Height Requirement: 52″
Riders per Train: 24
Riders per Hour: 1,200
The new coaster is also breaking records:
Coaster Records Broken
1. World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
2. World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
3. World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
4. World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
5. World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
6. Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
7. Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
8. Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
9. Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
10. World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
Park Records Broken
1. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
2. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
3. Most rides at one amusement park (71)
4. Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
5. Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)
Edward Pevos from Mlive did a review yesterday after riding “Steel Vengeance”, and after watching it makes me want to ride the new coaster even more.
Are you as excited as I am?