THIS JUST IN: Sir Paul McCartney is still ridiculously rich!
U.K.’s Sunday Times will be unveiling its “Rich List” of the most wealthy musicians in the U.K. and Ireland this weekend, but they previewed the list by releasing the top ten (via NME), and Macca and wife, Nancy Shevell, top the list with a net worth of £820 million ($1.105 billion.)
The rest of the list is a literal who’s who of British and Irish musical icons including the likes of U2, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. The only entry on the list that might surprise people is Michael Flatley (yes…”The Irish Gig Guy”), who’s apparently also a musician. Who knew, right?
Sunday Times – 2018 U.K./Ireland’s Richest Musicians
- Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell – £820m ($1.105B)
- Lord Lloyd-Webber – £740m ($997.77M)
- U2 – £569m ($767.17M)
- Sir Elton John – £300m ($404.48M)
- Sir Mick Jagger – £260m ($350.55M)
- Keith Richards – £245m ($330.32M)
- Olivia and Dhani Harrison – £230m ($310.1M)
- Sir Ringo Starr – £220m ($296.6M)
- Michael Flatley – £202m ($272.35M)
- Sting – £190m ($256.17M)
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock news blogger who's well versed in etiquette and extraordinarily nice.