Primary Menu

WCSX City of the Week

Congratulations to Milan,

You’re the WCSX City of the Week

Milan factoids:

  • Milan was originally called “Farmer” because everyone there was a farmer.  After a few quick name changes if residents naming the community after themselves, the US government stepped in and settled on Milan after the township.
  • Milan township was named by French settlers who hoped to grow grapes and make wine there.  Given Italy’s reputation for wine making, the name seemed appropriate.
  • Milan is actually in TWO different counties! About 75% of Milan is in Washtenaw County. The remaining 25% is in Monroe County.