Congratulations to Taylor,
You’re the WCSX City of the Week
- The iconic Gateway Bridge is located in Taylor at Telegraph and I-94.
- The Southland Shopping Center opened in Taylor in 1970 with more than 100 stores.
- MLB star, Steve Avery grew up in Taylor and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School.
- Taylor Township was named in honor of Zachary Taylor, a national military hero in the 1840s who was later elected the twelfth President of the United States in 1849.
- Taylor has been visited by three U.S. Presidents: Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama.