The Rolling Stones are back on the road, and there is one thing that has remained the same…
If you remember, on the last tour Keith Richards tweeted a photo out from his dressing room of the only food he wants after a show..It seems that nothing has changed for Keith.
The Stones are back on tour and Keith is still finding room to fit in a few slices of shepherds pie.
Check out the full recipe :
3 pounds Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 large Onions, chopped
2 pounds Ground Beef
2 large Carrots, grated
2 – 12 oz. cans Beef Broth
5 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Put potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring the water to the boil. Lower to a simmer and cook the potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes once cooked.
- Put cooked, drained potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the butter and season with salt and black pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato -masher or whip with an electric mixer. If using ahand potato-masher, mash potatoes with masher, then mix by hand with a wooden spoon until nicely whipped.
- Heat a large frying-pan. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add ground-beef, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add onions, continue cooking for minutes on high heat. Lower heat to low flame and cook 4 minutes more.5. Add carrots and beef broth to pan. Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan. Cook over low flame for 8 minutes.
6. Add peas to pan, cook for 1 minute.7. Pour Beef Mixture into a glass or ceramic baking dish. Evenly top beef with the mashed potatoes.8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes, then place under the boiler until potatoes get nicely browned. Take care not to burn the potatoes once they are under the broiler.9. Let cool slightly for 3 minutes and serve.
Now you make think it’s odd that Keith wants that backstage, but take a look at some of these other Riders we have seen:
A copy of USA Today that’s got a story about morbidly obese people in it
6 bottles of Grolsch or decent local beer
F—— loads of good red wines
6 large bottles of good quality sparkling water
3 cases x 12 oz bottles of still mineral water
6 bottles of alcohol free beer
1 case of big bottles of good, premium beer
A bottle of vodka
Cauliflower/broccoli, cut into individual florets and thrown immediately into the garbage. I f—— hate that.
M&MS (WARNING: ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN ONES)
1 large tube of KY jelly
3 packs of Marlboro cigarettes (box)
Herring in sour cream
2 gallons non-carbonated, bottled spring water
3 fifths Jack Daniels Black Label bourbon
2 fifths Stolichnaya vodka
1 pint Southern Comfort
2 bottles Blue Nun white wine
Sir Paul McCartney
All lamps must be halogen floor lamps with dimmer switch.
Only animal free materials (cottons, denims, velour, etc.)
Do not provide furniture made of any animal skin or print.
Do not provide artificial versions of animal skin or print either.
No leather seating is allowed in the black stretch limousine either.
Arrange for a dry cleaner before arrival.
6 Full and leafy floor plants, but no trees.
We want plants that are just as full on the bottom as the top such as palm, bamboo, peace lilies, etc. No tree trunks!
$50.00 – One large arrangement of white Casablanca lilies with lots of foliage.
$40.00 – One long stemmed arrangement of pale pink and white roses with lots of foliage.
$35 One arrangement of freesia. It comes in various colors so please mix them up. Freesia is a favorite.
20 dozen clean towels outside of the production office.
25 pound dumbbells
24-Diet Coke 16oz plastic bottles
12 Diet Coke 12oz cans
6 Verner ginger ale soda (or Schweppes)
48 Daisani, Poland Spring 12oz bottles “NO Evian”
1 Loaf white bread
1 Loaf wheat bread
6 Lunchables snacks (3 turkeys & 3 ham with cheese)
6 Cans Red Bull
16 Cans Sugar-Free Red Bull
Large fresh jumbo shrimps with cocktail sauce and plenty of lemons
1 Jar of banana pepper rings