Congratulations to Farmington,
You’re the WCSX City of the Week
- Farmington was first settled in 1824 by Arthur Power, a Quaker from Farmington, New York.
- Farmington is surrounded by Farmington Hills, except for a small portion bordered by Livonia to the south.
- Farmington was the site of three Native American trails – the Orchard Lake Trail, the Grand River Trail, and the Shiawassee Trail.
- Robert Patrick, famous Hollywood actor, graduated from Farmington High School. You know him from the X-Files and Terminator.
- In 1964, the Farmington Elks had an ox roast to honor the Farmington’s first settlers, New York native Arthur Power and his two sons. It was the first Farmington Founders Festival. 2020 marks the 56th anniversary of the Founders festival. Founders Festival celebrates all things Farmington and boasts a ton of pet inclusive events for dogs.