Congratulations to Orchard Lake,
You’re the WCSX City of the Week!
Orchard Lake Factoids:
- Orchard Lake is home to a very small island full of apple trees. The island is aptly named “Apple Island.”
- After a vote on March 19, 1928, Orchard Lake became a village following its separation from West Bloomfield. In 1984, the village of Orchard Lake became known as the city of Orchard Lake Village.
- Roughly 40% of Orchard Lake Village’s total area is made up of water… 30% is Orchard Lake alone.
- Bob Seger’s current home is located in Orchard Lake! If you check out Bob’s house on Google maps, you’ll see it’s a pretty nice set up Bob has going on there.
- It is also the home of Orchard Lake St. Mary’s Preparatory and Orchard Lake Schools, formerly Michigan Military Academy. St. Mary’s is known for The St. Mary’s Polish Country Fair over Memorial Weekend. The fair is BACK! Scheduled for May 21-24th, admission is five bucks or family (up to 6) for $20.
- Orchard Lake Village is mostly surrounded by West Bloomfield with a small piece bordering Keego Harbor.