Congratulations to Roseville,
You’re the WCSX City of the Week!
- The name Roseville derives from the Roseville Post Office, which was established in 1836 by William Rose.
- Roseville is home to companies in the automotive, military, printing, paper recycling, food service industries, and many more. Approximately 681 acres of Roseville are devoted to industrial property. Easy access to I-94 and I-696, the Groesbeck corridor and CN Railway make Roseville desirable to many industries.
- Roseville is a community of over 48,000 residents. Affordable housing has created opportunities for families just starting out, as well as those wishing to remain in Roseville.
- In 1846, a wooden plank toll road (now known as Gratiot Avenue or M-3) was constructed, connecting the community with Detroit and Mount Clemens. One of the tollgates was located at Gratiot Avenue and Utica Road. The tollgate sign giving “Rates of Toll” now hangs in the Library.
- In 1886, the Erin Township Hall was built at the corner of Gratiot Avenue and 11 Mile Road and was the Town Hall for the present cities of Eastpointe, Roseville, St.Clair Shores and part of Fraser. In 1926, Roseville was incorporated as a village. The old Roseville Municipal Building was constructed in 1929, at Gratiot Avenue and Meier Road, still stands and is now a photography studio. The present municipal building was built in 1974.
- Macomb Mall Opened in 1964, with stores such as Sears, Crowley’s, and S.S. Kresge .5 and .10 cent store. Macomb Mall is still open and features Kohl’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Hobby Lobby, and At Home as anchor stores.