Congratulations to Milford,
You’re the WCSX City of the Week!
- The Village of Milford was founded by settlers who came from New Milford, New York.
- In 1831, brothers Elizer and Stanley Ruggles set up one of the first businesses in what was to become known as Milford– a saw mill powered by Pettibone Creek.
- The Village of Milford was originally part of Novi, and became a separate township in 1834.
- Hydropower made it possible for Milford to become one of the first communities to have electric lights, in 1892.
- Milford is now home to the General Motors Milford Proving Grounds where they test cars and trucks.
- Milford still maintains its Victorian look and has a thriving downtown district.
- Each year, in August, Milford hosts the Milford Memories Festival- featuring art, food and music (keep fingers crossed for this year)!