Candy Corn Finally Gets A Break
Big news in the candy world, Candy Corn is no longer the most hated candy in the country!
CandyStore.com released its annual list of the worst Halloween candies, and Circus Peanuts have overtaken Candy Corn as the worst. The best Halloween candy is still Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Real quick, how has this just happened? Candy Corn is a world ahead circus peanuts in my eyes.
The people at CandyStore.com have released their annual list of the worst Halloween candies, which is voted on by more than 15,000 of their customers. Here they are, so you know what not to buy.
1. Circus Peanuts. They’ve overtaken Candy Corn as the #1 worst this year, even though it’s hard to imagine anyone actually handing out Circus Peanuts.
2. Candy Corn. Last year’s #1.
3. Peanut Butter Kisses. Also #3 last year. Despite the name, they’re neither Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups nor Hershey’s Kisses-level Halloween candy.
4. Necco Wafers. Up one spot from #5 last year. They would be #1 if there was a list of the CHALKIEST candies.
5. Wax Coke Bottles. Up one spot from #6 last year. Yes, they still exist.
6. Smarties. Down two spots from #4 last year. They would be #2 on that list of the CHALKIEST candies.
7. Mary Janes. Also #7 last year. If you’re not familiar . . . they’re a chewy peanut butter and molasses taffy-type candy.
8. Tootsie Rolls. Also #8 last year. This is for both regular Tootsie Rolls, and those flavored ones, which may be more or less appealing.
9. Black Licorice. Up one spot from #10 last year.
10. Good & Plenty. Down one spot from #9 last year. They’re pretty much licorice, so it makes sense that they’re back-to-back.
I feel weird about this list, 4 out of the 10 are some of my parents’ favorite candies. It really makes me question my whole childhood. Why did my parents love such horrible candy?
The 10 BEST candies are mostly the usual suspects: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, Snickers, Skittles, and Sour Patch Kids as the Top Five . . . followed by Hershey bars, Kit Kats, Twix, and Butterfinger.
Here is the full story:
Here is how candy breaks down in our state:
Is Candy Corn Michigan's Favorite Candy?