Did Peyton Manning and Jeff Daniels life the Lions curse? If you’re a Lions fan you’ve been through a lot – A LOT. And one of the most famous things is the infamous “Curse of Bobby Layne” – but did Peyton Manning and Jeff Daniels lift it? All we know is the team is 2-0 since Peyton came to Detroit for his “Peyton’s Places” episode on ESPN+ and with the help of Jeff went to Ford Field to lift the curse (not sure Jeff was buying it at first…but I’m sure he’s 100% onboard the train now).
Let’s see: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? Win. We NEVER beat that guy.
Week two: On the road in Chicago against the Bears. Win. We NEVER win on the road in Chicago.
This week it’s the New York Giants. In New York. We got this.
By the way – if you’re looking for other ways to lift a football curse, can we suggest these five?
1. The first way to remove a football curse is to find the person who placed the curse and have them remove it. This can be difficult, as the person who placed the curse may not want to admit that they did so.
2. Another way to remove a football curse is to perform a ritual that is believed to counteract the curse. This could involve burning a jersey of the team that is cursed, or burying a football in the ground.
3. A third way to remove a football curse is to pray to a higher power for the curse to be lifted. This could involve going to church and praying for the team, or lighting candles and saying prayers specifically for the removal of the curse.
4. A fourth way to remove a football curse is to wait it out. This may not be the most exciting option, but sometimes curses do eventually lift on their own.
5. Finally, one of the most extreme ways to remove a football curse is to move the team to a new city. This could be seen as starting fresh, and may be enough to break the curse.
Our buddy Anne Erickson talked about the turning point for the Lions