Where “Love” Comes From
Finally we may have an answer to one of the biggest questions of all time! Where does love come from..Let’s find out
The big science stories this week included a study that found we have around 30 trillion cells in our body. And researchers asked people to pinpoint where they feel the sensation of “love.” If it’s love for a stranger or a pet, we usually say our head or our heart. But for true love, it’s our whole body.
Let’s get a little nerdy now!
Basically “love” can come in a few different forms. I love you can mean different things. Like I love my wife’s friends, but I love my wife. Yeah, confusing I know! Anyway, that isn’t the only strange science things we found out this week. Here is a list.
Here’s a quick rundown of this week in science . . .
1. Scientists in China discovered an unknown virus in the Mariana Trench, 29,000 feet underwater. So . . . that’s great. They think it’s probably not dangerous to humans though.
2. When you feel love, WHERE do you feel it? How you answer might depend on what type of love it is. A study found that when it’s love for a stranger or pet, most people say their head or their heart. But with “true love,” it’s our whole body.
3. A new study looked at how many cells we have in our body. For women, 28 trillion. For men, 36 trillion.
4. In space news: The Mars helicopter broke another altitude record, getting up to 66 feet. It was originally supposed to make five flights. This was its 59th.
5. In A.I. news: Google recently announced plans to super-charge its virtual assistant. Now Amazon has similar plans for Alexa. And ChatGPT announced its new A.I. art program DALL-E 3 is on the way. DALL-E 2 is the current version.
6. In prehistoric news: We found the oldest known wood structure, almost half-a-million years old. So, our ancient ancestors made it, not us. Experts think it was part of a small, raised platform used to keep stuff off the wet ground. They say it shows Stone Age humans were more capable than we thought.
Here is what love is not:
This photo is love!! AWWWW