Congratulations to Mirror Image - as they will be performing before an upcoming Friday night concert during the 2018 Chevrolet Rockin’ on the Riverfront Concert Series at the GMRENCEN!
Thank you to all the bands that participated - you all ROCK!
WCSX My Kid Rocks Contest
These rules apply to WCSX My Kid Rocks Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC. d/b/a WCSX (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at Station’s website apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- WCSX will conduct the WCSX My Kid Rocks contest from June 11th, 2018 through July 6th, 2018.
- To enter, Parents or legal guardians of local performers (or bands) the age of six (6) to sixteen (16) must go to the My Kid Rocks contest page at wcsx.com beginning June 11, 2018 at 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on June 22, 2018 at 10:00 am ET to complete and submit the online entry form and provide a link to one (1) URL link to a video clip of up to Sixty-seconds (:60) of their child or child’s band performing one (1) Classic Rock song (preferably a song played in rotation on WCSX) for a chance to win the prize (“Video Entry”). Subject to confirmation of eligibility.
- Entrants must provide a SHARE link of their Video Entry in their online entry form. Each entrant must agree to the online submission release in order to submit his or her Video Entry. When providing a link, please make sure video is set to “public.” WCSX is not responsible for any links that are removed, faulty or disabled by the originating site.
- There will be a total of one (1) winning performer or band selected.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if such entrant’s associated Video Entry or other content contains illegal, indecent, pornographic or sexually explicit content or otherwise offensive material such as graphic violence or if such Video Submission or other content contains any nudity or content deemed at the Station’s discretion to be unsuitable for public display or posting on Station’s website. Entries that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the competition. Video Entries MAY be posted on the Station’s website if performance is an original song, links to video’s May be posted if performance is not original and by submitting a Video Entry, entrant certifies that he or she has all rights necessary to use the images and music contained in their Video Entry, and (2) grants WCSX permission to post, embed and/or link to their video on www.wcsx.com and to use the video for contest and other promotional purposes. WCSX reserves the right to remove from its website and disqualify any contest submission if it believes the video violates the rights of any third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for public viewing. See “Eligibility” section below for additional requirements.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry, who are the parent or legal guardian of a child that is between the ages of six (6) and sixteen (16) years of age at the time of entry. Parent/guardian must also be legal residents of the United States, living or working in the Detroit metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio). Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Beasley Media Group, its affiliates, Rockin’ on the River promoters and sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with WCSX or any of the event sponsors, and other radio stations in the Detroit metro survey area are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.” Entrants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Parent/s or legal guardian/s of winner or winning band must show proof of Detroit MI, Metro area residency and guardianship to verify eligibility and must sign a legal guardianship waiver for each performer or band member.
- Individuals or bands who are represented by an agent, talent agency, or record label are not eligible to participate unless WCSX receives written confirmation, in a form acceptable to the station, that such agency or label representation and any associated commissions or fees are being waived for all purposes of this contest, including the performances at Rockin’ on the River. Under no circumstances will WCSX or any party involved with Rockin’ on the River be responsible for any fee or commission to any agent, label or other representative of any contestant or participating performer or band. Limit one entry per person and per performer or band; multiple entries will disqualify the entrant. Void where prohibited.
- One (1) prize will be awarded to the entrant (parent/guardian) who submitted the winning entry. The prize is an opportunity for the winning entrant to have their child/ward perform at ONE of the WCSX Rockin’ On The River concerts that run each Friday from July 13, 2018 through August 17, 2018 at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan. Exact performance date will be decided by the Station in its sole discretion. Winning performer or band must be able to perform on the date and at the time specified by the Station. Other performance criteria will be discussed in advance of the performance. Sound and lighting for the performance will be provided, as well as backstage catering (as made available to all participating bands). No cash compensation will be paid to the winning bands. Being highlighted on The Station’s webpage and 94.7 WCSX promoting the performer or band on the webpage.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Radio Plaza, Ferndale, MI 48220, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed by the entrant (Parent/guardian) by 3:00pm on July 9, 2018 ET or prize will be forfeited. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with one of equal or greater value. Winners may not request prize substitution. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be claimed or used by any person other than the winner. Winners must claim their prizes by completing all required paperwork in person at the WCSX offices as instructed by WCSX promotions personnel. Prizes not claimed as instructed will be forfeited.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- At approximately 3pm ET on June 22ND, 2018 a panel of WCSX judges will select up to twenty (20) performers or bands from all Video Entries received to be deemed qualifiers to compete in the Contest (each a “Qualifier”). Links to the qualifying performers will be posted on the My Kid Rocks contest page located at www.WCSX.com. The Qualifier Video Entries will be selected in the sole discretion of the Station; all decisions of the judges are final. Listeners will be encouraged to vote for their favorite Qualifier (performer or band) during the Voting Period described below.
- Beginning on June 22, 2018 at 5:00pm listeners will be encouraged to vote for his/her favorite Qualifier at WSCX.COM. Persons may vote once per day. “Qualifiers” will be selected from all eligible entries received by a judging panel made up of Station employees based on the following criteria: entertainment value, creativity and originality of the performance in the video. Listeners are permitted to submit one vote per person per day during each Voting Period. In case of a tie, WCSX judges will decide in their own discretion, what band will be selected.
- Voting Period: 5:00PM (ET) June 22ND – 10:00am (ET) July 6th, 2018
- One (1) prize winner will be selected on July 6, 2018 at 3:00pm (ET) in the sole discretion of the WCSX judges. Voting will be taken into account, but may not be determinative. Winner will be announced on-air on July 9, 2018 at approximately 9:00am ET and posted on the “My Kid Rocks” web page located at wcsx.com. Winner will also be notified by the Station with details of how to redeem their prize. Winner is upon confirmation of eligibility only.
- Entrant need not listen to win or be present to win. If the winner cannot be contacted within 24 after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner will be selected
- a. See Attachment A “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wcsx.com.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WCSX, One Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI, 48220 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc.’s radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website. If there is a conflict between these General Contest Rules and the Rules for a specific Contest, the Rules for the specific Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified, winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received or the relative performance of each contestant.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry if it learns that it was submitted by any contestants under the age of 13.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- TELEPHONE CONTESTS
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- TEXT CONTESTS
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to the designated short code when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
- INTERNET RULES
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
- WHEN CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND OTHERS
- Use of multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or other social medial accounts to enter contests is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these accounts and /or disqualification from the contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in photo and/or video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo and/or video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo and/or video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on the Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Station(s), Beasley Media Group, Inc., its parent companies, its subsidiaries, their affiliated entities, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and all of their successors and assigns harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo and/or video entry.
- FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Contest’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the Contest.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the Contest.