(No secret decoder ring needed).
CALL WHEN YOU HEAR THE CUE
Listen to WCSX for your chance to qualify for the Finals Party at Kapone’s where two qualifiers will win a trip to Riu Cancun in Cancun, Mexico!
Click the button below for
a BONUS chance to win now through
December 16 at 10:00 a.m.!
You could win a six night trip for two adults to Riu Cancun in Cancun, Mexico valid through June 1, 2020. Trip includes six-night accommodations, round-trip charter air, transfers to/from resort, non-motorized water sports, all food/drinks at the resort and the assistance of an Apple Representative.
WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED
Don’t miss Dave Dahmer broadcasting live 3pm- 7pm, with the Major award event starting at 8pm!
The 24-hour all-inclusive Riu Cancun is located in the heart of Cancun and set on a beach of white sand and turquoise water. This majestic resort soars above the Caribbean Sea, steps from the Galeria and Caracol shopping centers and in the heart of nightlife and activity.
This grand resort boasts a rich decor with high hand-painted ceilings adorned with flowers and frescos, and Spanish-style oil paintings cover the walls. Over the pool bars, domes are decorated with intricate mosaics and have a Moroccan-Mediterranean ambiance. Long walkways front the restaurants and offer seating areas; a perfect place to relax and enjoy a cool drink in the afternoon.
Kids will love the RiuLand Mini-Club. Children ages 4-12 can partake in numerous activities with adult supervision. During the day, the hotel provides entertainment for all ages, including watersports and one introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool. At night, Pacha Discotheque is the place to go for nonstop dance music. Also, entrance and drinks are included! Afterwards, start winding down at the 24-hour sports bar.
Looking for a vacation full of rest and relaxation? Renova Spa offers numerous types of treatments to put the mind, body, and soul at ease. The gym and Jacuzzi are complimentary. Of course, there is always the option of sunbathing the day away and lounging with a tropical drink at the swim-up bar! Complimentary 24-hour WiFi is also available in all public areas of the resort.
ENTER BELOW FOR A BONUS CHANCE TO QUALIFY
94.7 WCSX It’s A Major Award Holiday Contest
These rules apply to the WCSX It’s A Major Award Holiday Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WCSX (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wcsx.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on November 18, 2019 and end on December 19, 2019.
- To participate in the Contest, entrant may qualify by phone, online or on-site, if applicable, as follows:
- To enter on-air, listen to the Station each weekday beginning on Monday, November 18, 2019 and ending on Thursday, December 19, 2019 (except Thursday, November 28, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019 due to the Thanksgiving holiday) between the hours of 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and 6:00pm ET for the announcement of the cue to call. Upon hearing the cue to call, the designated number caller (as announced on-air at the time of the cue to call) to the Station contest line at (248) 398-WCSX will be qualified for a chance to win the Grand Prize (each deemed a “Qualifier”), upon confirmation of eligibility. Station is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the Station contest line including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will be a Qualifier. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a Qualifier only once.
Up to fifty (50) Qualifiers will be selected on-air. Potential Qualifiers will be notified at the time of their call. There is no prize associated with being deemed an on-air Qualifier.
Up to forty-four (44) online Qualifiers will be selected at approximately 10:00am ET on December 16, 2019 in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received during the Online Entry Period. Qualifiers will be notified by phone and/or email promptly following the random drawing. There is no prize associated with being deemed an online Qualifier.
- If applicable: Only in the case less than the ninety-four (94) previously selected Qualifiers fail to check-in at the Grand Prize Event as described below, entrants may enter at the Last Chance On-Site Event at Kapones Sport Tavern at 24301 Harper, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 on Thursday, December 19, 2019 beginning at 6:30pm ET and ending at 7:45pm ET. Entrants must obtain an official entry form (available while supplies last). All entry forms must be filled out completely and legibly and submitted as instructed by the Station. Incomplete or illegible entries may be removed in the Station’s sole discretion. Entries must be received by 7:45pm ET. One (1) entry per person.
The number of last chance Qualifiers to be selected, if any, will be determined by Station staff immediately prior to the random drawing. Last chance Qualifiers, if any, will be selected at approximately 7:46pm ET on December 19, 2019 in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible on-site entries received. Qualifiers will be notified on-site promptly following the random drawing. There is no prize associated with being deemed a last chance Qualifier.
- There will be up to a total of ninety-four (94) Qualifiers and two (2) Grand Prize winners selected in the Contest. Limit one (1) Qualifier per household, regardless of method selected.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the Detroit Metro Area, consisting of the following Michigan counties: Lenawee, Monroe, Wayne, Washtenaw, Jackson, Hillsdale, Ingham, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair, Lapeer, Genesee, and Shiawassee; and the following Ohio Counties: Lucas, Fulton, and Williams, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize consists of a trip to Riu Cancun in Cancun, Mexico for two (2) adults including: (i) six-(6) night accommodations in Riu, Cancun (standard room, double occupancy), (ii) round-trip charter air departing from a Detroit, MI area airport and arriving in a Cancun, Mexico area airport, (iii) transfers to/from resort, (iv) non-motorized watersports at the resort, (v) all food/drinks at the resort, and (v) the assistance of an Apple Representative. Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize is $3,000.
All vacations are approved on a promotional basis & are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply. This trip is valid for travel through June 1, 2020. Travel dates are final and will not be extended. Travel is not permitted during holiday periods including both 5 days prior to and after. Trips are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another of equal value, equal Apple rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur. Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations. Trips are valid for 2 adults ONLY per room and do not include any special promotions. NO room upgrades.
Actual value may vary and any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may apply. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, certain meals, tips and additional ground transportation, baggage fees, hotel room service, laundry service, merchandise, souvenirs, and local and long-distance telephone calls are the responsibility of the winner. Selection of airline, hotel, and airline seat location at sole discretion of Station and/or prize provider. Airline regulations apply. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Winner and guest must abide by all airline, hotel, and venue policies. The winner and guest must sign all required releases prior to booking of any travel. If winner is unwilling or unable to travel on the dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Station’s sole discretion. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station and prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If winner chooses to take the trip without a guest, s/he will be awarded the prize elements for one person only, and the remainder of the prize will be forfeited without compensation. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220 on Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within fourteen (14) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to ninety-four (94) Qualifiers will be selected as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
- Up to two (2) Grand Prize winners will be selected as follows:
Qualifiers must be present at the Grand Prize event (“Event”) at Kapones Sport Tavern at 24301 Harper, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 on Thursday, December 19, 2019 to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Each Qualifier must be present at the Event in order to participate for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Event will begin at approximately 8:00pm ET. Any Qualifiers not present and checked in by 7:45pm ET will forfeit their chance to win a Grand Prize.
Each of the ninety-four (94) Qualifiers in attendance at the Event will draw a number at random out of a container provided by the Station at the time of check-in. The random number will determine the order in which each Qualifier will go to the Station Stocking Grab and choose one (1) of the ninety-four (94) Stockings that will be hung on the wall. Each Stocking has a number on the back of it from one (1) to ninety-four (94). Once all Qualifiers choose a Stocking, two (2) winning numbers will be randomly selected by the Station and the Qualifiers that have the Stockings with the winning numbers on the back will each win a Grand Prize, upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Odds of being selected as an on-air Qualifier depend on the order and number and order of calls received. Odds of being selected as an online Qualifier depend on the number of eligible online entries received during the Online Entry Period. If applicable, odds of being selected as a last chance Qualifier depend on the number of eligible on-site entries received. Odds of a Qualifier winning a Grand Prize are 2:94.
- On-air Qualifiers must listen to the Station but need not be present to qualify. Online Qualifiers need not listen to the Station or be present to qualify. If applicable, last chance Qualifiers need not listen to the Station but must be present to enter and qualify. Qualifiers need not listen to the Station must be present at the Event to be eligible to win a Grand Prize.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wcsx.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.