CSX is giving you the chance
to head to The Sands 2020!
94.7 WCSX is excited to announce that we are sending one lucky listener and a guest on a once in a lifetime trip to the “The Sands 2020 party – formally known as 80’s In The Sands” where the winner gets to spend 5 nights in Playa Mujeres at Dreams & Secrets Resorts in Cancun Mexico October 25th-30th, 2020…with live concerts every day with various national acts from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s!
It’s all hosted by: Alan Hunter, Richard Blade, Mark Goodman, Downtown Julie Brown, and Eddie Trunk
TAKE A BREAK FROM THE PRESENT,
AND ESCAPE INTO THE GREATEST DECADES…
Featuring performances by:
• Cheap Trick
• Belinda Carlisle
• The Hooters
• Little River Band
• Howard Jones
• Sheena Easton
• Janet Gardner (of Vixen)
• The Jets
• Rob Base
• C+C Music Factory
• and more to be announced!
All listeners who qualify will be invited to the finals party at Kapone’s where they will receive a The Sands prize pack!
Keep it on 94.7 WCSX for your cue to call and qualify!
◂ ENTER ONLINE
Click here to enter online!
◂ FINALS PARTY AT KAPONE’S
Click here for details!
Thursday, March 5
Kapones Sports Tavern
Don’t miss Dave Dahmer broadcasting live 3pm- 7pm,
with the Sands event starting at 8pm!
24301 Harper Ave, St. Clair Shores map
Join Dave Dahmer from 3-7 as he broadcasts live for your last chance to qualify at Kapone’s! He’ll have your chance to win a spot in our Flip Flop Wall game where you will have a chance to win the trip to Cancun!
94.7 WCSX The Sands
These rules apply to the WCSX The Sands Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WCSX (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at wcsx.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on February 4, 2020 and end on March 4, 2020.
- To participate in the Contest, entrant may qualify on-air, on-site or online as follows:
- To enter on-air, listen to the Station each weekday beginning on February 4, 2020 and ending on March 4, 2020 between the hours of 6:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and 11:00p.m. ET for the announcement of the cue to call. Upon hearing the cue to call, caller number thirty-one (31) to the Station contest line at (248) 398-WCSX will be deemed a “Qualifier” and will be eligible to participate in the Event, as described below, for a chance to win the Grand Prize, upon confirmation of eligibility. Station is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the Station contest line including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will be a Qualifier. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a Qualifier only once.
Up to fifty (50) Qualifiers will be selected and notified through this method.
- To enter on-site, visit up to eight possible Contest appearances that will take place from February 3, 2020 through February 28, 2020 in the metro Detroit area. Listeners will be notified of appearance dates, times and locations via on-air broadcasts and on the Contest web page located at www.wcsx.com. Limit one (1) entry per person per appearance. All entry forms must be filled out completely and legibly and submitted as instructed by the Station. Incomplete or illegible entries may be removed in the Station’s sole discretion. Entries must be received by the designated end time.
Up to five (5) Qualifiers will be selected in a Station-conducted random drawing at the conclusion of each appearance as announced on-site by the Station from all eligible on-site entries received at that appearance (up to forty (40) total Qualifiers may be selected via this method). Qualifiers will be notified on-site if present or by phone promptly following the random drawing. Non-selected entries will not rollover into subsequent on-site random drawings.
Up to four (4) Qualifiers will be selected at approximately 10:00am ET on February 28, 2020 in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received. Online Qualifiers will be notified by telephone promptly following the random drawing. If any online Qualifier cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after notification, an alternate online Qualifier(s) may be selected in a Station-conducted random drawing from all remaining eligible online entries received. The Station reserves the right but not the obligation to select additional online Qualifiers if there are fewer than eight (8) Contest appearances as described above, so that the total number of Qualifiers from all three methods is ninety-four (94).
- There will be up to a total of ninety-four (94) Qualifiers and one (1) Grand Prize winner selected in the Contest. Limit one (1) Qualifier per household, regardless of method selected.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the following Michigan counties: Lenawee, Monroe, Wayne, Washtenaw, Jackson, Hillsdale, Ingham, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair, Lapeer, Genesee, and Shiawassee; and the following Ohio Counties: Lucas, Fulton, and Williams, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Kapones Sports Tavern, R&R Productions LLC, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Detroit Metro Survey Area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- Persons are eligible to win a Station contest only once every seven (7) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every thirty (30) days. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for two (2) people (Winner and one guest, age 21+) to The Sands event at the The Dreams & Secrets Resort, Playa Mujeres Cancun Mexico on October 25-30, 2020. Grand Prize includes:
- Five (5) night hotel accommodations (Junior Suite room, double occupancy) at the Dreams & Secrets Resort, Playa Mujeres Cancun Mexico for two (2) adults;
- Ground transfers to/from the Dreams & Secrets Resort and Cancun airport;
- Meals for two (2) people at the Dreams & Secrets Resort ;
- Beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, for two (2) people at the Dreams & Secrets Resort ;
- Access to entertainment and events at the Dreams & Secrets Resort ;
- One thousand three hundred dollars ($1,300) (awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the winner) to be used towards the purchase of the flights for winner and one (1) guest to and from Cancun. Winner is solely responsible for booking winner and guest airfare. The Station is not responsible for any airfare costs greater than $1,300.
Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $5,300.
Actual value may vary and any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may apply. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and additional ground transportation, baggage fees, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, and local and long-distance telephone calls are the responsibility of the winner. Selection of airline, hotel, and airline seat location at sole discretion of Station and/or prize provider. Airline regulations apply. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Winner and guest must abide by all airline, hotel, and venue policies. The winner and guest must sign all required releases prior to booking of any travel. If winner is unwilling or unable to travel on the dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Station’s sole discretion. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station and prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If winner chooses to take the trip without a guest, s/he will be awarded the prize elements for one person only, and the remainder of the prize will be forfeited without compensation. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip.
No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be mailed within approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNER
- Up to ninety-four (94) Qualifiers will be selected and notified as described above. There is no prize associated with being deemed a Qualifier.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected as follows:
All Qualifiers must be present and check-in with the Station at the Grand Prize Event (“Event”) at Kapones Sports Tavern, located at 24301 Harper Ave, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080, on Thursday, March 5, 2020 between 6:30pm ET and 7:45pm ET to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Any Qualifiers not present and checked in by 7:45pm ET will be disqualified forfeit their chance to win the Grand Prize. Station reserves the right but not the obligation to randomly select alternate Qualifier(s) at the Event via on-site registrations to fill all ninety-four (94) Qualifier spots for the Contest.
Each Qualifier in attendance will be requested to draw a number out of a container at random. The number will determine the order in which each Qualifier will go to the designated Contest Flip Flop Wall and choose one (1) of the ninety-four (94) Flip Flops that will be hung on the wall. Each Flip Flop has a number on the back of it from one (1) to ninety-four (94), inclusively. Once all Qualifiers have selected their Flip Flop from the wall, a winning number will be randomly selected and announced by the Station. The Qualifier who selected the Flip Flop with the winning number on the back will win the Grand Prize, upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Odds of being selected as an on-air Qualifier depend on the order and number and order of calls received. Odds of being selected as an on-site Qualifier depend on the number of eligible on-site entries received at each appearance. Odds of being selected as an online Qualifier depend on the number of eligible online entries received. Odds of a Qualifier being selected as a Grand Prize winner are 1 in 94.
- On-air entrants must listen to the Station but need not be present to qualify. On-site entrants need not listen to the Station but must be present to enter and qualify. Online entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to qualify. Qualifiers need not listen to the Station must be present at the Event to be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize winner must confirm acceptance of prize within thirty (30) days of winning, or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner (time permitting) in a random drawing of all remaining Qualifiers.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wcsx.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.