Waffle House Wedding
Waffle House wedding? Why not? Here’s a couple of good news stories for Tuesday:
1. A Marine in Tennessee used to tease his girlfriend that they could have their wedding catered by Waffle House one day. So after they finally tied the knot last month, she surprised him by doing the reception there. (Here’s a photo.)
2. A blind border collie went missing in Queens, New York last week, and two NYPD cops ended up saving it from drowning. It wandered into a pond, but they got there just in time. One of their chest-cams got the whole thing on video. (Here’s the footage.)
3. Some idiot in Florida stole a woman’s Jeep on Monday while her five-year-old daughter was in the backseat. But don’t worry, she’s okay. A reporter was in the middle of interviewing a family member when they heard she’d been found.
The local sheriff drove her home himself. There’s a video of him handing her off to the mom, who was VERY relieved. The woman who stole the Jeep has been identified.
4. A 12-year-old kid in Philly named Ethan Williams did the Heimlich maneuver at lunch and saved his buddy’s life last month. He learned how to do it in school earlier this year. The teacher who taught him called it “textbook.”
5. The American Humane Society announced the winner of its annual Hero Dog Award. It went to a 150-pound Great Dane named Maverick. He works as a therapy dog with the U.S.O. to help support troops and their families. He’s currently stationed at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. (Here’s a photo.)
6. A sheep that was stuck at the bottom of a cliff in Scotland finally got rescued over the weekend. She’d been living down there all alone for at least TWO YEARS, so people started calling her “Britain’s Loneliest Sheep.”
No one had been able to get to her. But five farmers hiked down and helped lead her back up the side of a steep hill. They say she’s in remarkably good condition, and even a little overweight. An animal sanctuary took her in. So she’ll get to live out the rest of her life around LOTS of other sheep. (Here’s a photo.)
Need more good news? We got you covered my friend!